Five on Friday {pen pals, influence, cookies, C+T, & new look}

It’s hard to believe that we are already four weeks through 2014! If the rest of the year flies by as quick as January has, I better start Christmas shopping tomorrow! ha! I hope your week was great, but that your weekend will be even better! On to Five on Friday….

-one-

Pen Pals

When I was younger, my family would spend most of your summers at the campground. I would meet lots of new friends from different places and the only way to stay in touch was through letters. (Yes, there was life before cell phones! I can hardly believe it either!) I absolutely loved sending letters then…almost as much as I do now! Right now I have three pen pals: Khala from The Birdie Bowl, Hope from Taste & See, and Taylor from Taylored & Turquoise. Between the adorable stationary & sweet notes, I just can’t get enough! Snail Mail is so much fun…I don’t care how old you are!  If you want to join the pen pal gang let me know!

-two-

The Influence Network

I first heard of The Influence Network from my friend Hope. I did some investigating and it sounded like something I would totally be interested in. I pulled the information below is from their website:

THE INFLUENCE NETWORK is for creatively minded women, who are looking for an uplifting community where they can be encouraged and also resourced to make their online lives MEAN SOMETHING.

So far I have just joined the community but yet to take full advantage of it. There are forums, classes, & other articles that help members learn more about social media and how to make their online lives meaningful. I can tell there are so many exciting resources and I cannot wait to explore! For more information, visit their website!

-three-

Girl Scout Cookies

I just have to through it out there that the purple box will always be known as Samoas….not Carmel deLites. Anyone else agree?!

-four-

Cory & Topanga are BACK!!!

That’s right!! Disney has officially picked up the show (now called Girl Meets World) to be aired sometime this year! I wasn’t able to find ALL the details but here’s a link to what I’ve found.

Who else is totally PUMPED about this?!

-five-

A Facelift…

it’s true! Frankly My Dear…is about to get a new look! I am so pumped about this decision & can’t wait to share it with y’all! For now I will leave you with a sneak peak…enjoy!

Frankly my dear…Stay Warm Y’all!!

1. Samantha Ledford
    January 24, 2014 / 1:19 pm

Jen I can't wait to see your new blog design!! From the sneak peak, it's going to be fabulous! I can't wait to get my girl scout cookie order… I could eat thin mints all day! You stay warm too πŸ™‚

2. Rychelly
    January 24, 2014 / 1:49 pm

Girl Scout Cookies!! I cant wait for the day and yes they will always be Samoas! SO cant wait for Girl Meets World! I just saw the advertisement for that this morning πŸ™‚ Have a fabulous weekend!

3. Bailley
    January 24, 2014 / 1:52 pm

That network sounds so great, I will have to look into it. Thanks for sharing! And I am a little too excited for the Girl meets world, glad to know someone else is too:) Have a wonderful weekend!!

4. Anonymous
    January 24, 2014 / 1:53 pm

I can't wait to see Corey and Topanga reunited!!! I may have caught up on a few Boy Meets World episodes recently…why was 90s tv so fabulous? Excited to see your new blog design and I will also totally be your pen pal! I am a huge fan of snail mail!

5. Jessi Otey
    January 24, 2014 / 2:21 pm

Don't forget your wine pairings with the cookies friend!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Have a fabulous weekend!!! (talk to you sunday/monday!)

6. Tiffany @ This Whole House
    January 24, 2014 / 2:32 pm

Love #2 and totally believe their is such power in a woman's voice when they run after the Lord whole-heartedly. And those cookies make my mouth water! I hope you will come on over and visit me as well and become a follower!Tiffanyhttp://thiswholehouse.blogspot.com

7. Valarie
    January 24, 2014 / 3:55 pm

I love snail mail! If you are looking for more pen pals I would love to join the gang!! How dare they change the name of Samoas, I would boycott them to show my disapproval but I can't pass up a whole year without eating them. Happy Friday girl!!! I hope you are staying warm.

8. Mariel Collins
    January 24, 2014 / 4:53 pm

I love that Corey and Topanga are back! I can't wait for the show to air! And snail mail is always so awesome!

9. April of A. Liz Adventures
    January 24, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Haha, we are opposite — I grew up with the cookies being Caramel Delites and then only when I moved to North Carolina (from SC) was I like … what are these Samoas you speak of?! Thanks for linking up with us and can't wait to see the makeover!

10. Anonymous
    January 24, 2014 / 5:53 pm

I'm a Carmael Delights girl ha. Can't wait for the new look reveal. It's scary that it's almost February!! Enjoy your weekend! XO

11. A Thousand Words
    January 24, 2014 / 6:35 pm

I dream of getting a new blog design *sigh* one day. Whattt Caramel Delites?! What happened to Samoas? ANd yes I am totally pumped for Girl Meets World!

12. The Gals
    January 24, 2014 / 6:40 pm

So excited for Girl Scout cookies too, and completely agree that they will always be Samoas!

13. Taylor Rae
    January 24, 2014 / 7:02 pm

So, I'm loving everything on your list. Love Pen Pals. There something super awesome about snail mail in an email world. I'm heading over to check out "The Influence Network." I'm betting if your a fan then I will be too. What the heck are carmel delites?! They will always be Samoas to me πŸ™‚ Can. Not. Wait. to see your new blog design!! Hope you have a super happy weekend.

14. Lisa Loves John
    January 24, 2014 / 8:36 pm

Pretty stationary and snail mail… Love pen pals! πŸ™‚ And I am def looking forward to Girl Meets World! Happy weekend, girlie!

15. Khala Johnson
    January 24, 2014 / 8:56 pm

Okay, I feel like this comment is going to be long so BE WARNED! First of all- SO HAPPY we're pen pals! I just got your second note in the mail today! So fun! Keep a look out for your next one my dear! One of my co-worker's little girls is selling Girl Scout cookies (one of my many sweet-related weaknesses) and I bought the same exact ones you have pictures! I can't get enough Thin Mints! So happy you shared that creative community! I'm definitely checking that out today! And shut up about Corey and Topanga?!?!?! I lived and breathed that show. Yay! xo

16. Sundresses and Smiles
    January 24, 2014 / 9:44 pm

Girl Meets World!?! How exciting!!And yum…I am waiting for my Girl Scout cookie order- 2 boxes of thin mints and 2 boxes of SAMOAS!PS- Just recently found your blog and just love the name!!

17. FARMER &the BELL
    January 24, 2014 / 10:21 pm

i'm freaking out. what is it about cory and topanga? such chemistry. is it wrong that i'm 30 and will probably DVR it at least once to see what it's all about? secondly…i'm a little more than a little irritated that they changed the name. are they healthier? yay for new blog designs. i'm due. new reader!!

18. Kate
    January 24, 2014 / 10:35 pm

Totally psyched about Corey and Topanga!! Can't wait for it to air! πŸ™‚ Happy Friday!

19. Kelly B.
    January 24, 2014 / 11:44 pm

So glad I found your blog! And amen for Girl Scout Cookies πŸ™‚

20. MegNogged
    January 25, 2014 / 8:28 am

Just stumbled over from the link-up…and I'm glad I did! I love your blog – so sweet! It's awesome that you gals got a pen pal deal going! The snail-mailer is a total lost art! …and how fun is it to get something in the mail that isn't a bill or junk mail!? πŸ™‚ And, oh.my.gosh – I can't wait for the Girl Meets World show to start! I grew up with Cory and Topanga! Also…Agreed – Samoas! Hope you have a great weekend!

21. Hope Curtsinger
    January 25, 2014 / 1:56 pm

Oh I just love you! So thankful for you! Can't wait to see the new blog look! I've been thinking through some updates myself in the coming months… I'm sure I will have some questions! Ha!

22. Jenni@FlyingOnARainbow
    January 25, 2014 / 3:12 pm

I used to have over 50 pen pals (I'm not even kidding!) when I was a teenager! I just loved writing and receiving letters. It's so exciting getting an actual letter!

23. Emily Dixie on my Mind
    January 26, 2014 / 8:53 pm

Samoas ONLY. I refuse to call them by any other name πŸ™‚ This pen pal gang sounds pretty awesome – I love that idea!

24. Emily Gentry
    January 27, 2014 / 8:19 pm

We are so excited about Girl Meets World (or whatever it's called!) I was ambushed by a Girl Scout outside of my hair salon the other day. She caught me in a moment of weakness, and I ended up with a box of Thin Mints, my fave.

25. Hannah
    January 28, 2014 / 9:16 pm

When did they change the name of Samoas?! How can they do that?? I will forever and always call those amazing little cookies Samoas. Always. And they will always be my favorite cookie. And I love the pen pal thing you have going on. I would love to join the fun πŸ™‚ And "Girl Meets World" makes me wish we had cable so I could watch it.