The tree is up & the stockings are hung.
The Christmas music is playing & there are gifts to be wrapped.
It’s officially December!
Here’s a little recap of what happened in November:
Host our families for Thanksgiving. Check! It was SO wonderful to (most of) our friends & family under one roof. We are so blessed with family & I am so grateful we were able to make it all work.
Score some Black Friday deals. Let’s be honest, what did I REALLY need? I did score some great boots & few gifts but really I enjoyed spending time with my family more!
Blog about Influence & the Renew Blogger Retreat. Womp Womp Womp. And I was doing so well.
Listen to the Allume Conference audio + Take November Influence Class. I really enjoyed listening to a few of the Allume sessions from this year but I haven’t completed them all! Unfortunately I didn’t get to sit in on the class, but it’s in my inbox! Also – Lara Casey’s Influence Class is tomorrow at noon! You WON’T want to miss it!
Finish The Best Yes. Unfouratnetly NO. I said Yes to some things that mattered – like Thanksgiving with my family – and some things that didn’t – like one too many Target trips – but things are hopefully slowing down!
Be Grateful. Obviously this one is a constant work in progress for everyone. It’s so easy to be grateful when my home was filled with the ones I love. But it’s easy to complain when they walk out the door. Being grateful is a matter of the heart & I am focusing on keeping it a constant frame of mind!
Continued from November:
Finish The Best Yes
1. Create a Christmas Baking Bucket List. Have you seen this post by Madison featuring hers? I love that!
2. Celebrate Advent. Luke & I are starting a new tradition of intentionally celebrating Advent together. We are going through Naptime Diaries devo & loving it so far!
3. Pay it Forward. This time of the year is all about giving the perfect gift – but what if give we give to those we don’t even know? I have a couple ideas & I can’t wait to share!
4. Traditions. Every family has new & old traditions that really make the Christmas festive. I am a sucker for them & I love starting & continuing new ones with my friends & family. This year I am totally rocking the Sugar Cookie Decorating Tradition!
5. Slow Down. Tis the season for materialism. Let’s not be those people. THIS is the season for love, laughter, giving, sharing, baking, reading, singing, & celebrating. Let’s be the people who forget about the perfect bow & embrace the act of giving. Let’s be the people who stop to look at the lights rather than fuss about their imperfections. Let’s be the people who make this season about Jesus!
At risk of sounding too cliche, this really is the most wonderful time of the year! There’s a time for everything & now is the time to celebrate!
Frankly my dear…Welcome Darling December!
Get to know this month’s sponsor, Betsy! Heaven knows, you’ll love her!