It’s fresh picked strawberry season in Kentucky which means it’s time for new recipes & sweet treats!
I have a few strawberry recipes here – Cream Cheese Strawberry Frosting & Strawberry Cobbler — but this year I decided to try Fresh Strawberry Butter Bread! I’d seen a few recipes floating around online & finally settled on my version below.
For the Bread:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups diced strawberries
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup finely diced strawberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter Bread Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries.
- Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9″x5″ bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, transfer from pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Mix until it is smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread.
- Slice, Serve, & Enjoy!
And don’t forget….ALWAYS lick the spoon!